Who We Are
We are a group of teachers representing each school within the LLN Zone, elected or chosen by our schools to represent teachers and staff.
The shared purpose of the LLN Teacher Council is to provide structures and avenues to educate the whole child by creating action-oriented, collaborative, teacher-driven professional learning opportunities while holding the Zone accountable to its own community.
- Each school will have at least 2, but no more than 4 representatives.
- Each school will design their own process for qualifying and selecting members for the teacher council. It is strongly encouraged that staff members at each school have the majority say in the selection of their representatives.
- Design, lead, and facilitate cross-school professional learning opportunities based on teacher feedback from each school.
- Design cross-school celebrations.
- Solicit feedback, opinions, and ideas from teachers and incorporate them into long-term vision.
- Serve as a communication liaison between teachers, the LLN board, and school leaders regarding these and other issues.