DGS - Northfield is a replication middle school of the Denver Green School.
In partnership with our diverse urban community, Denver Green School - Northfield will provide a hands-on, brains-on experience that includes all students, staff, families and community, preparing all learners to lead the way toward a sustainable, bright green future.
As a national beacon for real-world learning, the Denver Green School - Northfield strives to integrate a flexible student-driven approach to curriculum and instruction, where diverse learners of all ages:
● Achieve at a high level academically;
● Partner with their teachers to engage in relevant, student-directed learning;
● Build leadership capacity by embracing a democratic decision-making model;
● Use service-learning as a way to become community stewards;
● Create mind-body connections as well as community connections; and
● Use our school building and our neighborhood as laboratories for the study and implementation of carbon footprint reduction and sustainable living.
School Leadership Team
Instead of DGS - Northfield being led by a Principal and team of Assistant Principals, DGS - Northfield is guided by a shared leadership model known as the Partnership. The Partnership is collectively responsible for the leadership of DGS - Northfield and collaboratively handles the responsibilities of a traditional administrative team. It consists of Lead Partners, who all have administrative licenses, and Teacher Partners. The Lead Partners (listed below) are released from classroom teaching responsibilities; Teacher Partners remain in the classroom full time and additionally sit on the partnership.